This web page is hosted by the City of Visalia for the purpose of providing important information to the citizens of Visalia on the new FEMA flood maps that became effective June 16, 2009.
ON JANUARY 1, 2011 FEMA REVISED THE PREFERRED RISK POLICY (PRP) PROGRAM TO GRANT 2 ADDITIONAL YEARS
QUALIFIED ENGINEERS AND SURVEYORS
Based upon the City of Visalia's Request For Qualifications No. 08-09-63, below is the list of qualified Engineers and Surveyors recognized by the City of Visalia to perform survey work related to FEMA flood insurance rate maps.
MAPS AND TOOLS
The City of Visalia has prepared a number of useful maps and tools using our Geographic Information System (GIS) that are based on digital data provided by FEMA that show flood zone information on the new FEMA flood maps that became effective on June 16, 2009. Each are described and linked below.
- Composite FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) is an Adobe PDF map showing all the new flood zones as shown on the 15 paper FIRM panels published by FEMA.
- Comparison Map of Special Flood Hazard Area Zones is an Adobe PDF map showing a comparison of only the high-risk “A” zones between the existing FIRM (1994/1998) panels and the June 16, 2009 FIRM panels.
- Visalia FEMA Map (Requires Microsoft Silverlight) is a web-based interactive map that allows users to clearly see how the new flood zones affect properties throughout Visalia.
- Address Look-up Tool is a web-based tool that allows users to enter a property address and see a listing of the flood zone(s) affecting the property. Flood zone information can also be obtained by calling the City of Visalia flood zone information hotline at (559) 713-4640.
- GIS Interactive Map (Requires Microsoft Silverlight) a web-based interactive map that allows users to gather a wealth of Visalia geographic information. Users can select from a variety of data to customize their maps.
INDIVIDUAL PROPERTY FLOOD ZONE INFORMATION
The City of Visalia is providing flood zone determination information for individual properties upon request. The request can be made by placing a phone call to (559) 713-4640 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you call or e-mail, please be ready to provide your name, property address, phone number and e-mail address.
Price Schedule for Flood Zone Information
- Individual Property Flood Zone Determination Letter – FREE
- All information provided in Adobe Acrobat PDF format only and sent by e-mail is FREE
- Color plot of 24” x 36” Composite FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Map – $40.00 per plot
- Color plot of 24” x 36” Comparison Map of Special Flood Hazard Area Zones – $40.00 per plot
- Color plot of 24” x 36” Official FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Map – $40.00 per plot
- B/W copy of 24” x 36” Official FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Map – $5.00 per copy
- B/W copy of any 24” x 36” drawing on file at the City – $5.00 per copy
All zones that begin with the letter “A” are called a Special Flood Hazard Area and/or a High-Risk Flood Zone. These terms are interchangeable. This is important as you review the information on this web page and the FEMA web site.
ZONES A, AH, AE, AO – All zones beginning with “A” are determined by FEMA to be high-risk and flood insurance is normally required if a property is involved in any type of loan or credit line.
ZONES X, X500, X(0.2) – All zones beginning with “X” are determined by FEMA to be low or moderate risk and flood insurance is recommended but not required.
Please see the Flood Insurance Information section below for more information.
FLOOD INSURANCE INFORMATION
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Grandfathering Rule is very important to all properties moving into a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) high-risk flood zone. Please read the FEMA facts sheet below.
If you property is moving into a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) high-risk flood zone, you can save on your flood insurance premiums!
For further questions on flood insurance, please contact the FEMA representative below:
FEMA Region IX Mitigation
Regional Flood Insurance Specialist
Below are the letters received from FEMA for the City of Visalia and Tulare County. The purpose of these letters is to provide Letter of Map Changes (LOMCs) that FEMA has revalidated and will continue to be recognized with the updated flood maps that became effective on June 16, 2009.
The specific cases listed in these letters can be obtained from FEMA's web site at the link below.
The following link takes you to a FEMA web site with comprehensive information on flood maps and insurance.
FEMA FLOOD INSURANCE STUDY – JUNE 16, 2009
Flood Insurance Study, Tulare County, California and Incorporated Areas
Exhibit 1 – Flood Profiles
Exhibit 2 – Flood Insurance Rate Map Index (Visalia Only)
Flood Insurance Rate Map Index (Tulare County)
FIRM Panel 909E (06107C0909E)
FIRM Panel 910E (06107C0910E)
FIRM Panel 917E (06107C0917E)
FIRM Panel 920E (06107C0920E)
FIRM Panel 928E (06107C0928E)
FIRM Panel 929E (06107C0929E)
FIRM Panel 930E (06107C0930E)
FIRM Panel 933E (06107C0933E)
FIRM Panel 934E (06107C0934E)
FIRM Panel 935E (06107C0935E)
FIRM Panel 936E (06107C0936E)
FIRM Panel 937E (06107C0937E)
FIRM Panel 940E (06107C0940E)
FIRM Panel 945E (06107C0945E)
FIRM Panel 955E (06107C0955E)
HISTORIC FLOOD MAPS
The flood maps below represent all the historic flood maps for Visalia and the surrounding county area around Visalia.
VISALIA (Community No. 060409)
TULARE COUNTY (Community No. 065066)
Disclaimer: This web page is a public resource of general information. The City of Visalia makes no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any of the database information provided herein. The reader should not rely on the data provided herein for any reason. The City of Visalia explicitly disclaims any representations and warranties, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The City of Visalia shall assume no liability for: any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the information provided regardless of how caused; or any decision made or action taken or not taken by reader in reliance upon any information or data furnished hereunder.